MEDICAL SKILL LAB
ITLS Bangalore Chapter :
ITLS offers a spectrum of courses listed below, designed to meet the educational needs of EMS professionals from the very basic to the most advanced. Founded in 1982, ITLS International now has over 65 chapters around the world of which MS Ramaiah Hospital, Bangalore Chapter is one of the earliest to be established in India.
ITLS Bangalore Chapter, Ramaiah Medical College & Hospitals has been conducting the American Heart Association’s Basic Life Support (BLS) & Advanced Cardiac Life support (ACLS) courses at Ramaiah Hospital for Healthcare Providers which will now be conducted by Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences.
Basic and ACLS :
The BLS Healthcare provider course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR , use an AED and relieve choking in a safe timely and effective manner.
The ACLS course is totally redesigned for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the resuscitation of a patient, whether in or out of hospital. Through the ACLS course, providers will enhance their skills in the treatment of the adult victim of a cardiac arrest or other cardiopulmonary emergencies. ACLS emphasizes the importance of basic life support CPR to patient survival; the integration of effective basic life support with advanced cardiovascular life support interventions; and the importance of effective team interaction and communication during resuscitation.
Hands-on stations include :
- Learn proficiency in basic life support care
- Recognizing and initiating early management of peri-arrest conditions
- Managing cardiac arrest
- Identifying and treating ischemic chest pain and ACS
- Recognizing stroke and providing initial care
- ACLS algorithms; and effective resuscitation team dynamics.
- Simulated clinical scenarios
- Practice essential skills individually
- Practice as part of a team, and as team leader
ITLS Basic and Advanced
These comprehensive courses are designed for providers who are first to evaluate and stabilize the trauma patient. The courses provide complete training in the skills needed for rapid assessment, resuscitation, stabilization and transportation of trauma patients.
The ITLS Basic course provides the core of knowledge and skills appropriate for all levels of EMS personnel, including EMT-Bs, first responders and other technicians.
The ITLS Advanced course builds on this knowledge, emphasizing evaluation steps and sequencing as well as techniques for resuscitation and packaging patients. ITLS Advanced is appropriate for advanced EMTs, paramedics, trauma nurses, physicians and other advanced EMS personnel. Hands-on stations include
- Patient assessment and management
- Basic and advanced airway management
- Needle chest decompression and fluid resuscitation
- Spinal motion restriction – rapid extrication, short back board, helmet management, log roll, and long back board/scoop stretcher utilization
- Extremity immobilization and traction splint application